Wednesday, June 18, 2014

UTAR Archi Night 2014

Last Saturday Night was the Archi Night 2014. The first extra activity by Architecture Society.
My friend recommended me to take over this organizing chair and I wanted to learn more and I just nod my head.

I'm glad that it was a successful one. So here goes my process of making the event and also part of my growth.

Last semester, I went to the venue with my friend. After discussing with the Chef (because manager wasn't around), we decided to have it there.

But when I emailed the manager, he gave me quotation which is a lot higher the Chef told us. I tried to make an appointment with the manager but again he wasn't free. My friend and I talked to chef and finalized the budget which was the cheaper one. I was worrying that the manager will insist the higher budget which is opposing with what the chef told us. I emailed him and glad that he agreed the cheaper quotation.

So, 1 weeks before the event, finally, I can meet the manager to talk on the details even though most of it I have discussed with the chef. This time, as we have started project, I can only go by myself. I went to meet the manager alone. But glad that he is a nice person and helpful.


I would like to thank all the organizing committee member for making it a successful one.
-The small little DJ boy for controlling all the music, video and also the stage.
- The video editor to edit the video and also gave suggestion to make it more attractive and touching.
-The representative from every studio who helped to convey the message to their respective studio.

-The one who discussed with me the most and took action with me the most.

-The design team to design poster, ticket.

-The emcees who give so many advises to make the event better.

-The students who took time to prepare for the performance
The best performance group
-The friends, juniors and seniors who attended to give support

-The graduated seniors who came all the way from hometown just for the night.

The event went slightly better than expectation.
Sorry I didn't manage to thank during my running-out-of-time speech on the stage during the night.
Sorry because the place do not really fit for so many people.
But please forgive me because this is the first time I do this and also the first time for Architecture Society.

*After the event, I realized that I do not really enjoy the food there because I did not have time for that. (a bit la) and I do not have even a single photo during the ArchiNight in my handphone. But anyway, I learned.

When I was giving closing speech. *My seniors said I was like a 
CEO when talking on the stage. But thanks, it's a compliment for me.

The studio-mate. 



Hope to have another one during next year and it would be like the graduation dinner for my batch and make this a annual event. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment